News archive of April 2010
This page contains the news items which were submitted in April 2010. Clicking on the title of a news message will bring you to a separate page allowing you to comment, share or rate the message. Twitter messages will also be visible here.
As you might've noticed, it has became quite quiet around the developing of Las Venturas Playground 2.91. This is not because we've stopped developing, but because we've moved on. This is why today, we would like to introduce you to our new project, Las Venturas Playground: Project Playground.
Project Playground will be better than everything we've done before. We will add new features for all sorts of players. Do you like to fight? We will improve that. Do you like our current racesystem? Wait until Project Playground is finished, you will be amazed by the new features. Do you like to play with a some friends in a gang? Then you will love our new version. Are you a roleplayer? You will be blown away after we have finished this version.
I could go on forever about new features, but the only thing I can advise is to stay tuned, and eagerly wait for our next blogpost. We are very excited about this version, as is our betateam, and it will be a big improvement for everyone!
Of course, we would like your input too! If you have any ideas for our new version, don't hesitate for a moment to post it on our forums, we will be looking forward to reading all your wildest ideas.
You can discuss this blogpost in this topic.
On behalf of the entire Las Venturas Playground Development Team,
This is what has been fixed this week, in version 2.91.20:
* Fixed a bug, that players were not showing in '/dming' if they are taking part in the ww/random minigame.
* Possible fix for keeping your rampage weapon after disconnecting in a rampage
* Fix for deathmessages not showing
* Fixed a typo concerning the Seti property
So what did we work on? You'll find out soon enough.
On behalf of the Development Team,
Joppe "Fireburn" Arnold
Build 19 introduces an expansion to the derby handler: Height checking. The handler calculates players' heights', which introduces two new derbies: Infernus Pushoff and Glendale Knockout. The aim of each derby is to push your opponent off the edge without falling off yourself! Check out the screenshots below.
We've said on numerous occasions that the SaveInfo Handler is working, with this statement obviously being misinterpreted. We've fixed six issues with the handler, and introduced IP checking for further assurance of correct data loading. We've also introduced an automatic error checking and repairing system. The class selection buttons on spawn issue has been fixed, along with "confused slots" resulting in wrong information being loaded for a player. We've also fixed on foot restore for players who were not signed up for a minigame.Â
A feature that was originally planned for 2.90.0 has finally been complete this week: Kill Frenzies. 17 skull pickups are scattered around Las Venturas. For any player (un)fortunate enough to find one, you will be given a random weapon, with a time limit and goal to kill a certain amount of players before time runs out. For anyone who is lucky enough to pass the frenzy, a plus point will come your way.
For anyone willing to put in a bit of work, you can now train at the Gym in Las Venturas! The new LVP Training Programme is guaranteed to improve your fighting skills!
Due to many reported FPS problems, we've reverted to the LVP 2.90.0 vehicle layout, which removes over 800 vehicles. Additionally, vehicles are now static instead of random. This will majorly reduce FPSlag for most players with older PC's, making LVP more accessible for everyone.
Dueling was just made that one touch better! Players now have the option to choose the weapon type before starting a duel - walk weapon or run weapons.
WalkWeapons War and Random Deathmatch
WalkWeapons war consists of players spawning at the Sawnoff Fights place, and competing to kill eachother with a Desert Eagle, M4 and Combat Shotgun. The Random Deathmatch minigame has the same aim, but the weapons are random - players could spawn with weapons from Sniper Rifles to Miniguns!
On a dimmer note however, it's with our sad duty to report Fireburn's recent sentence to jail for rape. Matthias has also run into some trouble at his school trip to London - apparently he was spotted staring at a mans private parts and, in turn, was severely abused.
Complete changelog of LVP 2.91.19
* Added IP checking to the SaveInfo for more accuracy (Jay)
* Added automatic bad slot detection and repair to the SaveInfo (Jay)
* Fixed SaveInfo slots sometimes getting confused with other players (Jay)
* Fixed class selection buttons showing after loading SaveInfo data (Jay)
* Fixed jail problems with the SaveInfo (Jay)
* Fixed onfoot position restore with the SaveInfo (Jay)
* Fixed problem with passenger teleport when players leave map zones (Jay)
* Added fighting style training to the LV Gym (Jay)
* Derby handler now supports Height checking (Jay)
* New derbies: Glendale Knockout and Infernus Pushoff (Jay)
* Fixed problem with /stats showing the number of online admins (thiaZ)
* New rampage handler (Matthias)
* Added 17 rampages around LV (Matthias)
* New crew IRC command: !weather (thiaZ)
* New minigame: Walk Weapon Wars (Jay)
* Reverted the vehicle layout to 2.90.0 - Removing approximately 900 vehicles (Jay)
* Vehicles are now static instead of random (Jay)
* Added a new special vehicle near the bombshop (Jay)
* Bomb detonation no longer works within 5 seconds of teleporting (Jay)
* You can now carteleport to the cruise leader, even if he has teleporting disabled (Matthias)
* The cruise now ends when the cruiseleader disconnects (Matthias)
* Fixed a few typos, bit of small improvements (Matthias)
* Got abused in London (Matthias)
* Got raped by Fireburn (Jay)
* Added visit to the notp feature (Fireburn)
* Fixed a bug with /sell all (Fireburn)
* Added walking weapons function for the fightclub (thiaZ)
* Added a random weapon minigame (thiaZ)
* Added lamekills to /my stats (thiaZ)
This concludes our weekly updates for LVP 2.91. We may release an update every fortnight with any bug fixes. More details will come soon.
See you in the near future with the next big step...
Las Venturas Playground Developer
Yesterday was April 1st, so to keep up the tradition the Las Venturas Playground Management thought of a new joke to annoy players. The infinite staircase was a great success, many players tried to reach the top, which wasn't even there and got thrown off the stairs somewhere because of world boundaries.
Of course the forums couldn't miss out on the fun. Wondered since when staff members were swearing on rival gangs? And since when players were allowed to post in the Ban Zone? Well, that was a joke too. Authors of posts were randomly changed to random members, which might've caused some confusion.
We hope you had a laugh too, and keep playing to see what we got in store for you next year.
On behalf of the Las Venturas Playground Management,